Friday 8 February 2013

Filming Starts - 'Ruthless' Begins

Going back to the film part of this project, the filming for 'Ruthless' begins this weekend. Through months of emails and planning, the actual filming has come around so quickly since I was first approached to work on the film but I feel fully prepared for what is ahead. As the filming is taking place in London I will be travelling by train and staying with a friend. To make the most of the daylight we have, filming will began at 8 am and will finish at 4 pm daily, tomorrow starts the process of three weekends of filming. To reflect upon my experiences as the head make-up artist I will be keeping a diary of my experiences on set and any problems I face so that I can try to improve upon these before the next slot of filming.  

I've created face charts along with pages of inspirational imagery to work from while I am there, this will be used as a template to show my other team members. As well as the looks I've had to use the script and call sheets to decide how the order of the looks run and which scenes are going to be filmed first, this is where my strong organisational skills will come into play. I've packed my kit full of all the products I'll be needing including the products I ordered specifically for the film with the film's budget and after double checking everything, I feel apprehensive but confidently ready to begin the process.

One of the looks for a main zombie
'Ruthless' Mood board & Imagery




Notes on the 'Ruthless' Script

A mock-up price list of make-up and hair products
Accounting, professional communication and organisational skills are crucial when deciphering the budget and buying of the make-up in comparison to the whole budget of the film. The funding for the film came in at a large sum of £2000, as the fund felt that the project suitably collaborated with other societies and involved a wide student body. Below is a breakdown that was given as a guideline to all of the departments to ensure that the budget was not exceeded.

Annual fund breakdown - £2000

Music Department - Sound Equipment:  £300
                                            Recording studio:    £250
                                            Sound:                       £50 a day (£150 average)

Camera and Lighting Department – Renting of lights: £50 a day (£150 average)

Make-up Department-  Make-up and Hair Products:  £200 - £400

Costume Department- Costumes:  £200

Marketing Department-  £250
                                             Launch event - £200.

Props Department-   Props:  £100

Average Total Price:   £2000


        Using the make-up price list created, the total sum of the make-up and hair products adds up to around £200, so will successfully be in keeping with the lower scale of the agreed budget. I've also made scanned copies of the receipts to show the total value of money spent on both products and travel expenses and this can then be reimbursed to me through the producer of the film and the fund. 

No comments:

Post a Comment